I have came across many Indians in my life. My families are one such example, though we were born and brought up in Malaysia. Our blood line traces all the way back to our ancestors, traveled from India to Malaysia decades ago. Though legally I am not an Indian citizen, I genuinely believe I am an Indian in my heart and soul. In fact, my families bore the same sentiments. I was brought up very strictly ("Indian-ly"), infused with Indian mannerism and etiquette. Society is ill-behaving at a very high level in this generation. I consider myself very lucky being an Indian. I think I am doing well over than just fine in comparison to what I witness daily.

These past few years, we are challenged with many news orchestrating human misbehaviors. Many inethical, racism and debacle issues surfaced. Why does any one chooses to be selfish? Why are some of this narrow-minded society crib about pettiness and cultural comparison? This is an apparent case of "display of hatred" and violence. Why can't we all (no matter race, color, culture and gender) live the path of harmony and quintessential peace? By unity, only then we achieve Independence and understand the pure meaning of freedom, struggle by our ancestors and repent from our past.

image credit: Flickr.com


I am dedicating this post to my ancestors (rest in peace), my husband, families and all my friends (each and every one of you) that help mold the Indian culture and kept it's beauty flourishing and the spirit burning alive. Without you, there would not be any "freedom". God bless and Happy Independence India. I am *oh* so proud :D

JAI HIND!

0 comments: